What is BaaS
Backup as a Service (BaaS) - Backup as a service is a service process in which an organization backs up its important data in a cloud environment. The backup service provider provides the organization with the software needed for automatic data backup and recovery, data storage space, and process management services.
Duplication of data storage in various information systems of the organization, backup, is an urgent need. In this way, data is protected from loss, damage, or destruction that could be caused by human error, cyber attacks, hardware malfunctions, or any other technological and natural events.
For safe storage of data, their copies must be territorially removed from the main infrastructure, which is already an international standard, as well as the requirement of various regulations.
Establishing a safe data storage infrastructure is associated with high costs. In addition, a large portion of infrastructure resources are inactive, as they are purchased to meet future needs. Such an approach is already unprofitable. In the modern world, the best practice is to back up data to a cloud service provider. This way, companies no longer need to incur large costs and get the amount of resources they need at a particular stage through operating costs. Also, data protection, security and confidentiality are provided at a much higher level than it is for companies to view their own data.
Backup as a Service (BaaS) - The process of backing up data received as a service has many advantages. These include:
- Cost reduction - The company no longer has to invest large sums of money in backup equipment, special software, labor resources, physical space, etc. The company spends exactly the amount needed to store data backups at a particular moment. Also, it is no longer necessary to purchase extra volumes of data storage space for future needs and freeze funds in unused resources.
- Security and privacy - Data is encrypted during both transmission and storage. While cloud infrastructure is protected and managed through international standards and the most reliable technologies.
- Flexibility - After initial assembly, data backups are created automatically. Customers no longer need to devote time and resources to data copying, categorization, and other necessary actions. The company can concentrate on its core business and no longer worry about the risk of data loss.
- Multi-level backup - When receiving data backup as a service, it is possible to make more than one backup copy of the data in remote areas, which eliminates the risk of data loss almost completely.
- Speed - Data backup systems can be set up in just a few days. Additional resources can also be utilized quickly.
What do we offer?
We offer data backup service through UGT Cloud, which is a secure, safe, and high standard cloud computing environment. UGT Data Processing Center complies with ISO20000, ISO27000 standards and Tier3 requirements.
We offer a full range of services - including software, data storage and process management. The customer will receive high RTO (Recovery Time Objective) and RPO (Recovery Point Objective) options. Customization of the service to the individual needs of the organizations will also be considered. With the service, organizations will no longer need to deploy and manage backup systems in their local environment.
Our advantages are:
- State-of-the-art technological solutions, that ensure a high level of accessibility, safety and security.
- The company's absolute leadership in the development and implementation of backups, data viewing and other critical IT solutions.
- More than twenty years of experience working with leading vendors in the field of IT (Microsoft, HP, Dell EMC, Cisco, Checkpoint) and the highest partnership statuses, which confirms our high competencies.
- Management of complex IT processes in accordance with international standards.